Recipe by Sydney Mike
I believe this recipe came from the internet a handful of years ago. Preparation time does not include time needed to cool.
For the Twists
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
For the Icing
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, & lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- FOR THE TWISTS, unroll crescent rolls & separate into triangles, cutting each triangle lengthwise into thirds to make 3 triangles (24 total).
- In small mixing bowl, combine mincemeat & pecans.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of mincemeat mixture onto each dough triangle, spreading to cover surface of dough.
- Fold in corners, overlapping slightly in center.
- Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack, & let cool.
- FOR THE ICING, in small mixing bowl, stir together powdered sugar, vanilla extract & enough milk to make a mixture of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- The twists can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days in layers separated by wax paper in an airtight container. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.