Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Like the smell of freshly baked bread? How about freshly baked bread with a taste of mincemeat!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & grease a 9 1/2" loaf pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder & salt.
- In another bowl, mix together sugar, melted shortening, mincemeat, egg & milk.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Let stand for 24 hours before cutting!
This is great! I made it as written but put it in a smaller pan. It sure made the house smell good. We love mincemeat and I make mini breads for the holidays so I put this in my X-mas baking cookbook. I'll be sharing this with a lot of friends and family. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
I made this lovely loaf 2 days ago and when cut this afternoon it was moist and fresh. The mincemeat isn't at all overpowering but very well balanced and delicious. With jarred mincemeat so available in the markets it would be easy to enjoy this treat any time of year but, of course, mincemeat for the holidays is almost required in some form. Very easy and quick to make but please keep an eye on it as mine was fully baked at 35 mins. If you like a taller loaf use an 8x4 pan.