Recipe by Sydney Mike
Like the smell of freshly baked bread? How about freshly baked bread with a taste of mincemeat!
Top Review by CJAY
This is great! I made it as written but put it in a smaller pan. It sure made the house smell good. We love mincemeat and I make mini breads for the holidays so I put this in my X-mas baking cookbook. I'll be sharing this with a lot of friends and family. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & grease a 9 1/2" loaf pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder & salt.
- In another bowl, mix together sugar, melted shortening, mincemeat, egg & milk.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Let stand for 24 hours before cutting!