I created this recipe for the Bake-a-thon in honor of CoolMonday who recently lost her battle with cancer. I did not know her or her husband but I was touched this morning when I read of them and the Bake-a-thon hosted by ChefFiFi. These bars are a great holday dessert, but could be enjoyed any time of the year. I have to confess, I love mincemeat but I am not a pie crust maker so I created these for the mincemeat taste but SO easy! My <3 goes out to CoolMonday's family.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease or spray 13 x 9 pan.
- Combine cake mix, oatmeal and melted butter in mixing bowl.
- Reserving 1 cup of mixture, spread remaining mix into prepared pan, gently pressing to form bottom "crust".
- Spread prepared mincemeat over crust.
- Sprinkle mincemeat with remaining cake mix mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
- These could be made in a tart pan with a removable bottom and cut into thin wedges.