Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A highly flavored, delicious baked apple. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 6 apples (use a good baking apple such as Granny Smith)
- 3⁄4 cup mincemeat
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- whipped cream, lightly sweetened
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Wash apples, core and place in baking pan.
- Place two tablespoons mincemeat in the cavity of each apple.
- Mix sugar and water; pour into pan.
- Bake for one hour, or until apples are tender.
- Serve with pan juice and whipped cream.