Recipe by Sydney Mike
Mincemeat is one of my favorite foods, but I'm aware that many people dislike the intenst taste of it. To accomodate some of my family members during the winter holidays, I've added some additional ingredients to make it less intense & more festive. I've also made this recipe as a 'pastryless' pie & simply spooned it onto serving plates -- very good, & takes much less time to make!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 1 (27 ounce) jar mincemeat
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, halved
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves, drained & halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 9 1/2-inch deep dish pie plate with the pastry dough & flute the edges.
- In medium bowl, combnine all the ingredients & pour into lined pie plate.
- Bake in the lower 1/3 of the oven for 15 minutes, then move the pie up to the center of the oven & bake another 20 to 25 minutes until filling is bubbly.
- Cool & serve.