This came from a booklet I picked up when I bought some apples.
Make and share this Mincemeat Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- 473.18 ml mincemeat
- 473.18 ml apples, peeled, sliced
- Make or buy a double pie crust.
- Line plate with crust. Pour mixture into crust.
- Top with the other crust. Make slits in top crust.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F for 30 minutes.
A great way to use up the post Christmas Mincemeat Nora! Although I could eat mincemeat all year as I love it so much!! I used ready rolled shortcrust pastry and made my pies into little heart shaped pies for Valentine's Day! I used 1 cup of apples and 1 cup of mincemeat for the 2 of us, and managed to make 4 pies with my pastry and the filling. I served these with whipped cream for dessert on February 14th, and they were delicious thanks! The combination of apples and mincemeat is what makes this so special and SO easy to make too. Many thanks, made for Tea Time and Photo Swap in the Photo's Forum, for team 6, the amazing flying burrito sisters! LOL! FT:-)