Recipe by Chef MB
This sounds divine, and I can't wait to try it this fall. I'll use the green tomato mincemeat that I canned last summer--yum!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups apples, grated
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat oil and brown sugar until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add half the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in apple, mincemeat, pecans, and vanilla.
- Add remaining dry ingredients; beat until well combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 15 minutes. Turn cake out onto wire rack and cool completely.
- For frosting:.
- Combine all ingredients until mixture is creamy. Frost cooled cake.
- Note: One year when I made this cake, I had a jar of hard sauce - I simply softened it and added it to the frosting as well for an extra kick (the hard sauce was flavored with rum and brandy).