Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came across this recipe in a newspaper sometime last year -- For mincemeat lovers who like it jacked up a little [without the usual rum & brandy], but still 'as-easy-as-pie!'
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1 (27 ounce) jar mincemeat, regular
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- Place rack in lowest position in oven, then preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine mincemeat & amaretto.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm or cooled.
If I could give this more than 5 stars, I would. The almond and amaretto gives mincemeat a new and wonderful dimension. Even my picky MIL loved it. I will make it again for sure.
You KNOW I am a mincemeat lover Syd, and this was a lovely way to serve it, with a boozy twist and nutty finish! It was a simple recipe that ticked all of my mincemeat boxes, and I LOVED the addition of the amaretto and flaked almonds, that was the icing on the cake, or the mincemeat pie in this case! Made for the Meat Pies Group in the Aus/NZ recipe swap and a keeper for me! FT:-)