Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very traditional meal you can add a few chopped pickles to the pork. Posted for ZWT#6 2010
- 500 g lean ground pork
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 roll, soaked in milk and squeezed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- garlic, crushed
- breadcrumbs, for coating
- 2 -3 tablespoons meat stock
- lard or oil
- 125 ml sour cream
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Pre-heat oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7).
- Mix together all but the last four ingredients until you have a fairly firm consistency.
- Roll the mixture into a sausage shape and coat lightly in the extra breadcrumbs.
- Melt the lard in a frying pan and quickly brown the meat on all sides.
- Place the meat in a baking dish and add the stock.
- Immediately, reduce the oven temperature to 180° C (350° F - gas 4) and bake the meat for about 30 minutes, basting frequently.
- Add more stock if necessary.
- Just before serving, mix the cream with the flour, bring to the boil and mix with the meat juices.
- Serving suggestions.
- Serve with noodles or potato dumplings.
A good solid dish. Paired this with Creamed Cabbage Casserole for a German based meal. I went ahead and added the pickle to make it as traditional as I could. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Jenny. Made for the Voracious Vagabonds for WT6.