Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is minced pork cooked with mushrooms and spring onions. It is great over rice or noodles, and it can be easily freezed to be reheated quickly later. I use rehydrated shiitake mushrooms which have been squeezed dry and minced, because I prefer the flavor. This recipe is from Kimiko Barber's "The Japanese Kitchen."
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 200 g ground pork
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stalks removed, finely chopped
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the pork and chopped mushrooms.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes before adding the spring onions.
- Add the sake and soy sauce to the work.
- Stir well, then serve over noodles or rice.
Thia was so easy to prepare & was totally delicious. Next time I think I'll add some bok choy & bean sprouts. Thanks for the tasty recipe.