Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've made this recipe once at my hunting cabin and it came out to be so good, now my family always ask for it very often..It can be made with beef or any wild meat.
- 1 lb ground meat
- 4 -5 large potatoes
- 1 medium green onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 (28 ounce) cancubed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can consomme
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- cream or milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Wrap potato in foil and into the oven at 350 for 1 hour or until cooked.
- In a frying pan add olive oil and sauté oignons and garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add meat and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, consommé, tomatoe paste, oregano, thym and let cook at medium heat for 20 minutes.
- After the potatoes are done, peal and add to a bowl, smash, add cream and butter and nutmeg put aside.
- In a 9 inch glass pyrex style oven plater, add the meat and tomatoe, then, add potatoes in a cake bag and spread potatoes on top of the meat and into the oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
- Eat with a nice french bagette -- Enjoy.