Recipe by lazyme
We love Asian foods and really enjoy the 'stuffed' lettuce rolls. This is a nice variation using lamb. From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by MarraMamba
YUMMY. i made this with ground elk (also stronger flavored ground that can stand up to the spices and far less fatty than lamb) Love it and will make it often. I included the orange cup presentation, its often one i use with asian food, as well as the lettuce wrap. Made for the photo tag game in the games forum
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- butter lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice and cornstarch in small bowl.
- Saute lamb in heavy large skillet over high heat until cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Pour lamb with its juices into colander; drain.
- Heat oil in same skillet over high heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and orange peel; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add green onions and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add hoisin sauce and lamb to skillet; stir until blended.
- Add orange juice mixture; stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves.