Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spicy lamb skewers.
Make and share this Minced Lamb Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 dried red chilies (Birdseye)
- fresh red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 450 g ground lamb
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 12 -16 bamboo skewers, soak bamboo overnight if using instead of metal
- Mix all ingredients together throughly except lamb breadcrumbs and egg using a food processor or big bowl and wooden spoon.
- Add lamb and breadcrumbs and egg and mix very well.
- Using about a rounded Tablespoon of the mix shape into round sausage like shapes in the palms of your hands.
- Pierce the centre of the meat with the skewers.
- Brush lightly with oil and barbecue or grill for 3-4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
Tastiest lamb on stick to date. Great withh moroccan cous cous and a dressed leaf salad.