Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
A quick and tasty appetizer
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (just use enough to Hold clams together)
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 10 ounces cracker barrel brick extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) box Triscuit crackers
- Drain minced clams, add mayo -- enough to just bind the clams together. Add a pinch of garlic salt and blend.
- Spread mixture onto crackers.
- Slice the cheese in semi thin slices (cracker barrel cheese is the perfect square size of triscuits).
- Place cheese slice onto each.
- Place under broiler for just a minute or two until cheese melts.
Very easy, made 30 crackers. You have to drain the clams really, really well. My mayo mix was a bit runny. I used shredded cheese because it's what I had at the time. I think it might be better with the low sodium triscuits. These were a bit too salty for my taste.