Recipe by Bergy
You can serve this in a hamburger bun with all the trimmings or serve it as part of your dinner with veggies etc. Improvise with the sauce, mix your favorite combo or just use one sauce but give it a kickstart with some heat!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 slices bacon, fried & crumbled
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion or 3 tablespoons fresh onions, minced
- 3 medium mushrooms, minced
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce (your choice)
- 1 dash hot sauce (I like Peri Peri but again your choice and use as much or as little as you like)
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together: Chicken, beaten egg, crumbs, crumbled Bacon, Garlic, Onion and mushrooms.
- Mix well and form into 3 or 6 Patties.
- Heat skillet and oil.
- Brown the patties well on both sides.
- Meanwhile mix together: Ketchup, worcestershire,BBQ sauce and Hot sauce.
- When you have browned both sides put a good tbsp of sauce on top of each pattie, lower heat.
- Continue cooking for a minute or so then flip and put remaining sauce on the other side of the patties.
- Watch you do not burn the sauce.
- Cook until done, start to finish 15-20 Minutes depending on the size of the patty.