Lazy Darren's Note:
My own version of the comfort Sunday roast shepherd's/cottage pie. The laziest way I know besides buying a frozen or delivery service, which is essentially paying a premium for defrosting. So try it out if you will and see if it suits your palate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g minced lean beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs, Masterfoods
- 1 1/2 teaspoons barbecue seasoning, Masterfoods
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 stalks cloves
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1Mix the minced beef with the dry herbs and spices and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, marinate for 20 minutes.
- 2While waiting, boil the potatoes. Once a toothpick can go through without resistance, remove potatoes from boiling water and let the steam evaporate.
- 3Mix in milk, butter and chopped garlic, mash till fine and set aside.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in non-stick pan. Saute half the diced onions for about 1 minute.
- 5Add in the minced meat with the bay leaves and cloves.
- 6Fry and separate up the meat chunks.
- 7Add in1/2 cup of red wine, 1 tablespoon ketchup and lower down the flame to simmer for a while.
- 8Add in the mixed vegetables (corn,peas and carrots).
- 9Add in the 0.5 half cup of red wine and 0.5 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Simmer till fairly dry.
- 10Taste to see if it is salty enough. Adjust accordingly.
- 11Spoon it into a baking dish and even it out.If possible remove bay leaves and cloves.
- 12Spoon the mash garlic potato over the meat and spread it out to cover evenly.
- 13Draw criss cross lines over the potato with a fork.
- 14Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the top.
- 15Heat in oven at 200°C for about 5 minutes or till potato starts to brown
- 16Serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minced Beef With Garlic Potato Crust Pie Lazy Darren
Serving Size: 1 (799 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.1 mg
- Sodium 1540.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 38.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: