Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a beef curry I make when I feel like something tasty but haven't got a lot in the pantry!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb minced beef
- 1⁄2 beef stock cube
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder, madras
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Heat oil in a medium hot pan.
- Brown onions. Throw a little dash of salt on the onions. Stops them burning.
- Put the garlic in the pan and cook for about 1 min.
- Move the onions and garlic to the side of the pan and brown the mince.
- If a lot of liquid comes off the mince pour it into a little bowl hang onto it for later.
- Once the mince is brown, turn up the heat and let it sit in the pan for about 4 mins until you get some searing on the meat. This is where the flavour is going to come from.
- Mix the liquid from the meat if not too fatty, stock cube and dashes of worcestershire sauce. Keep to one side.
- When mince is browner -- lower the heat to medium add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock liquid, make sure this is well mixed.
- Add the coconut milk. Mix well. Once simmering lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes This gets better with time.
- If the curry is too strong use the leftover milk from the coconut milk tin to thin. Usually 400 ml in a tin.
- Serve with rice, put some veg with it or the carb police will be after me! :D.
This was excellent! I had one serving and my husband had three!
Omg first time cooking! Loved it! Yum:)
Just made this, very quick, easy and tasty! Highly recommend for an alternative dish to cook mince. Thanks!