Recipe by Kayne
This came out of a small Dutch cookbook that my brother sent me from Australia. I remember my mother making these, but it had been years since I'd had them. When I got the booklet, I tried it, and it was loved by all. It takes a bit of work, but is delicious. You can substitute any kind of meat. This is great for leftovers!
- 1 lb minced meat
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces plain white flour
- 16 ounces beef stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- toasted breadcrumb
- corn flake crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Day 1: Melt butter in saucepan, slowly add in the flour, mix into a smooth paste.
- Add in the stock and stir, cook for 10 minutes.
- Fry onions and meat in a frying pan until brown, add to saucepan. Add salt, pepper, parsley, and cook for 1 minute. Pour into a dish and allow to cool overnight.
- Day 2: Divide up into equal amounts, and roll into small oblong shapes. Roll into breadcrumbs. Beat eggs, and coat the croquettes, then roll into cornflake crumbs. Refrigerate overnight.
- Day 3: Heat oil in a deep fat frying pan, add croquettes and fry until golden brown.
- Makes approx 12 croquettes.