1 hr 10 mins
Jenny Thetford's Note:
A hearty winter meal on its own or a light tasty summer meal with salad. I've been making this for years and have forgotten where it came from, but I know that now it's got my own personal recipe additions of more of everything. It's become the favourite of my children and their friends...and their friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb minced beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or combination of sauces to taste)
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (equivalent to two teaspoons beef stock powder)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (mixed in sufficient water to make a paste)
- 2 cups water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash olive oil or 1 dash preferred oil
- salt and pepper
- 300 g egg noodles, fetteccine or linguine (I prefer egg noodles)
- 1Boil egg noodles (fetteccine or linguine) in water until al dente.
- 2Rinse, drain and leave.
- 3Brown minced beef in oil, stirring regularly.
- 4Add crushed stock cubes (or powder).
- 5Add water.
- 6Stir in tomato sauce.
- 7Add mixed herbs.
- 8Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Stir in corn flour paste until mixture combines and thickens.
- 10Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11Stir, then take from heat.
- 12In a large oblong or square casserole dish, spread half the noodles.
- 13Spoon, spread and cover the noodles with half the meat mixture.
- 14Spread half the grated cheese over the meat mixture.
- 15Repeat a noodle, meat and cheese layer.
- 16Bake in medium oven (180C degrees or 350F degrees) 'till browned.
- 17Take from oven, cut into meal portions and serve with fresh salad and crusty bread.
- 18Can be made before hand and heated when the hordes arrive for their favourite meal.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minced Beef and Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 913.0
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 229.4 mg
- Sodium 1451.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 54.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: