Recipe by claudie44
Sweet mince pies with unusual twist in the orange pastry. Perfect at Christmas time.
- 1 lb plain flour
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1⁄4 lb white lard
- 1 large orange, juice and flesh
- 340 g approx jar of ready-made mincemeat
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces caster sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- First make the pastry, adding both the fats (margarine and lard) to the flour.
- Next add the orange rind, flesh and juice, mixing together well.
- Let the pastry mixture rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the mincemeat filling by mixing cheese and the sugar together.
- Roll out the pastry and use to line individual pie tins. Fill pies with half mincemeat and half cream cheese.
- Bake at Gas No 7 (or equivalent).