Rufus T's Note:
I have always liked a good mince round - what we call a mince pie here in Glasgow. Finally decided to make one for myself and the result was every bit as good as the one I usually buy from my butcher.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat sunflower oil in a large pan and gently fry onions until translucent.
- 2Add mince to pan and break up with a fork- add the water making sure the mince is completely covered and bring to the boil.
- 3Crumble in the oxo cubes and add the worcestershire sauce.
- 4Cover the pan and reduce heat- simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- 5When mince and onions are cooked allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- 6Roll out pastry on a floured surface and use half to line a 9 inch round shallow baking tin- make a lid with remaining pastry.
- 7Put mince and onion mixture in tin and cover with pastry lid- thumb round the edges to seal and cut a small slit in centre of pastry lid- brush pastry with the milk.
- 8Cook in a preheated oven at 190c for 30 minutes.
- 9Best served with mashed potatoes and vegetable of your choice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mince & Onion Pie
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.8
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 1302.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g