1/1 Photo of Mince and Tatties
Mince and tatties is a common dish in Scottish households.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion until it is brown.
- 2Add in the mince and cook until well browned.
- 3Drain off the liquid.
- 4Add the carrots and oatmeal, mix well and pour in enough water to just cover.
- 5Crumble in the stock cubes, season and stir.
- 6Cover the pan and simmer the mince for about 20 minutes.
- 7Once the mince is cooked thicken the mince with about 3 teaspoons of gravy powder or cornstarch mixed with a little cold water.
- 8Serve the mince with boiled potatoes.
Nutritional Facts for Mince and Tatties
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.0
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.6 mg
- Sodium 360.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 23.1 g