Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "The Pacific Islands Cookbook". A lot of the stuff in this cookbook looks so cool but calls for ingredients that I'd have to scour the city high and low to find! This one though, has stuff I can find and looks like an interesting way to use watercress.
- 1 lb watercress
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1/2 tsp jarred kind)
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons tamari, sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (optional) or 1⁄8 teaspoon finely chopped red pepper (optional)
- Wash the watercress and remove any rotted leaves and tough stems. Cut into 1-inch lengths.
- Cook it in 1 1/2 cups boiling water for 3 minutes and drain thoroughly.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, chill for 20-30 minutes, and serve.