1/2 Photos of Mimz's French Onion Soup
1 hr 30 mins
This is one of the easiest soups to make. It is great for a first course for a special occasion as it can be made ahead and just finished in the oven before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saute' pan melt butter with olive oil and saute' onions until golden brown.
- 2Combine both broths and sherry in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 3Combine sugar and flour and sprinkle over onions stirring to combine. (To help prevent clumping place flour mixture in a mesh strainer and use to shake over onions.).
- 4Add onions to broth and simmer covered for 1 hour stirring occasionally salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Ladle soup into crocks and place a slice of bread and cheese on top. (To make it easier to eat the bread can be cut into bite size pieces before putting on soup.).
- 6Bake in 350 oven for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimz's French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 750.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g