Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A delicious soup for a cool autumn day spent watching sports! Serve with buttermilk biscuits or pumpkin muffins!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces whole wheat fusilli
- 5 small shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb trimmed green beans, cut in half
- 1⁄2 stalk lemongrass, chopped finely
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Italian spices
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- olive oil, for skillet
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat over medium heat. Add ground meat and chorizo sausage (casings removed). Brown on all sides.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients to a slow cooker, omitting the pasta.
- Once the meat and chorizo are browned, add to slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- About 30 minutes prior to serving, add pasta and stir occasionally.
- Serve hot with biscuits or muffins.