Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A great citrus salad, made with champagne. Cook time is chill time.
- 3 cups fresh blood oranges or 3 cups navel orange sections
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups fresh orange juice, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups champagne
- 1 (5 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 3 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- Arrange orange sections in a lightly oiled 8 to 10 cup ring mold; set aside.
- Sprinkle gealtin over 1/2 cup orange juice in a large bowl, stir and let stand 1 minute.
- Bring remaining 1 1/2 cups orange juice and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring constantly; stir into gelatin mixture. Stir in champagne.Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg white; pour over orange sections in mold. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Unmold salad onto a serving plate lined with salad greens. Place strawberries in center of mold.