Recipe by Miss Tinkerbell
This recipe came from my husband's grandmother, whom we call Mimmie. I wanted a recipe that didn't require cooking with wine, and that I had all the ingredients on hand. She pulled through for me, so I am accrediting her with this. I do leave the onion out of my recipe, because of allergies, but I included it in the ingredients and directions for those who like it. Cooking time is an estimate.
- 907.18 g chuck steaks, cut in strips
- 14.79 ml butter
- 113.39 g candrained mushrooms
- 1 medium onion (optional)
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in butter.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Cover and cook 10 more minutes, stirring often.
- Cool slightly and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over flat noodles.