Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from my husband's grandmother, whom we call Mimmie. I wanted a recipe that didn't require cooking with wine, and that I had all the ingredients on hand. She pulled through for me, so I am accrediting her with this. I do leave the onion out of my recipe, because of allergies, but I included it in the ingredients and directions for those who like it. Cooking time is an estimate.
- 2 lbs chuck steaks, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (4 ounce) candrained mushrooms
- 1 medium onion (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown meat in butter.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Cover and cook 10 more minutes, stirring often.
- Cool slightly and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over flat noodles.