1/4 Photos of Mimi's Whoopie Pie Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
Mimi in Maine's Note:
These are the most mouth-watering cupcakes you will ever have. They are very dark chocolate and very moist and are filled with a whipped whoopie pie filling. They crack open when you fill them. These have been much loved in our family for years--loved more than Whoopie Pies. The batter also makes a wonderful 9x13 cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1You will also need a parchment decorating bag (or bag of some kind) and a jelly donut filling tip (or long tip of some kind).
- 2In a large bowl mix all of the cake batter together except for the coffee.
- 3After it is mixed well, add the hot coffee, mixing well again.
- 4Put into paper-lined cupcake tins.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for about 15-20 minute till done.
- 6Cool the cupcakes before filling.
- 7While cupcakes are baking prepare the filling.
- 8In a jar shake together the flour, milk, and salt.
- 9Put this into a saucepan, and on a medium heat, cook till you have a thick paste, stirring constantly.
- 10Let cool.
- 11In a mixer, combine the sugar, shortening, and vanilla and beat well, about 5-7 minutes so that the sugar and shortening are well blended.
- 12Add the flour paste and whip for another 5-7 minutes.
- 13The more you whip the fluffier it gets.
- 14Using parchment bags for cake decorating or other bag that you have and a jelly donut filling tip, fill the bag with the the filling.
- 15Insert the tip into the center of each cupcake and squeeze until the cupcake cracks open.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Whoopie Pie Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 26
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 138.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g