Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very traditional Walforf salad which I made relatively low fat. I used low fat mayonnaise but could have used plain yogurt instead or a mixture of both. I also used Cool Whip Free which is a staple in my fridge. It is my original recipe and was delicious the first time I tried it. I had a neighbor for dinner and she agreed. My apple preference is either Gala or Fuji but any firm eating apple should do well.
- 2 coarsely chopped apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery heart
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup sliced grapes
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip Free
- 1 dash salt
- lettuce leaf
- Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice and Cool Whip in a medium bowl and stir in all the other ingredients. Mix well and serve on a bed of lettuce.