Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A must-have at our family's Thanksgiving. This is the best - I can eat it hot or cold as a leftover. Great way to get veggies into folks who don't like them.
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can shoe peg corn
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 package Ritz cracker, crushed
- 2 ounces slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Drain vegetables.
- mix with soup, cheese, sour cream and onion.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and stir until butter is absorbed by crackers.
- Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 350 until browned and bubbly (about an hour).
I LOVE this dish, and so did my husband! I made this with some small changes to make it a bit healthier; reduced fat ritz crackers, light sour cream, all of the soups either low sodium/fat, reduced fat cheese, and smart balance light butter...it was still delish!! I baked it for 45 minutes.
Delicious. I wouldn't change a thing. I will definately be making this again soon. Thanks Bogey'sMom!