1/2 Photos of Mimi's Valentine Raspberry Scones
Mimi in Maine's Note:
A delicious treat on Valentine's Day or for a tea party. Each scone is two layers with a raspberry jam filling and sprinkled lightly with white sugar and then with red sugar crystals. Any other red jam would be fine--strawberry or cherry. They are beautiful on a tray or serve in a pretty basket lined with a napkin. If you are doing these for a tea party just use a smaller heart cookie cutter but it will make many more, or you could make a few small ones for the party and the rest larger ones for yourselves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 2With a pastry blender cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3In a small bowl combine the cream, beaten egg, and vanilla; mix well.
- 4Add this to the flour mixture and stir till just combined; do not overmix.
- 5Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead about 5-6 times.
- 6Roll out to about 1/2" thickness and cut with a 4" heart-sharped cookie cutter; lightly press trimmings together and reroll to cut more scones--you should have 12.
- 7Place 6 hearts on a greased baking sheet (the rerolled ones are best for the bottom).
- 8Top each one with 1 tablespoon of jam; moisten edge of dough with water from your finger and place a second heart on top.
- 9Press along edges to seal.
- 10Sprinkle tops lightly with granulated sugar and then with the red sugar crystals.
- 11Bake 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes; don't let them get too brown.
- 12Serve in a basket with a pretty napkin.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Valentine Raspberry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (1313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.3
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 186.7 mg
- Sodium 550.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 12.1 g