Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was given to me for my bridal shower. Its from my husbands grandmother, whom we all lovingly call Mimi. I'm from NJ, so I think my husbands family wanted to "Texafy me. This is a great recipe.
- In a large skillet, sauté ground beef, onion, pepper& celery, until meat is brown and veggies are tender.
- While meat mixture is browning, cook ¼ pkg.
- Thin spaghetti.
- When meat mixture is done, add to it the stewed tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, salt, pepper, basil& oregano.
- Heat thoroughly, then mix all together with the spaghetti, or if you like, spoon the meat mixture over the spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
I am so pleased to be the first reviewer for this recipe! It is wonderful! I made two changes out of necessity, the first being I used about 1 3/4 cups home cooked pinto beans that needed using up and the second being I didn't have mushrooms. I used 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon of salt and forgot about adding pepper until it was too late! I also added 2 huge heaping soup spoons of minced ready to go garlic that is almost out of date! I stirred the spaghetti in at the end. If you want to serve it over the spaghetti, I would highly recommend you cook the whole package. Inexpensive, filling, and tasty--it's a winner! TexasKelly, give your Mimi a great big hug for sharing her recipe!