Recipe by -------
This is my garandmothers PERFECT chili recipe. It isn't awfully spicy, but it has a zing to it. To be honest, I really don't like chili very much, but this takes the cake. This is the perfect chili for chili dogs, too. It is very easy & you will love it! Serves 4.
Top Review by ol-country
The following rules and regulations for cooks at the World's Championship, TX State, Regional and District Cookoffs are as follows:
1. Traditional Red Chili is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat or combination of meats, cooked with red chili peppers, various spices and other ingredients, with the exception of BEANS and PASTA which are strictly forbidden.
The second rule of the official Chili Cooking Rules of Chili Appreciation International, the organizers of the Terlingua Chili Cookoff says:
2. NO FILLERS IN CHILI - Beans, macaroni, rice, hominy, or other similar ingredients are not permitted.
Very good chili.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2617560
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 diced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup diced celery (optional)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) canshowboat brand beans
- 1 -2 cup red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin