Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Absolutely the tastiest pumpkin bread in all the world---all because of the streusel topping. It is yummy. Try it; you'll love it. It makes two good sized loaves.
Top Review by Erin R.
Seriously PHENOMENAL. I have tried so many different pumpkin breads, and I can't believe this one only has 3 reviews! It is so so so good! And it turns out great every time! Just like Mimi's!
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl place the first 5 ingredients (sugar, oil, water, eggs, and pumpkin), and beat one minute on low.
- Add the next 6 ingredients (flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves).
- Blend at low speed until moistened and then beat for 1 minute at medium speed.
- Pour into two greased bread pans.
- Make the streusel topping by mixing the last 5 ingredients (brown sugar, walnuts, flour, cinnamon, and butter).
- Put streusel topping on both batters.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minute.