1/4 Photos of Mimi's Sour Cream Twists
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Mimi in Maine's Note:
I make these anytime of the year, but was a tradition with my granddaughter that we take them to Easter Sunrise Service breakfast. Everyone loves them. If you don't overbake them, they are soft and tender and delicious with an icing. You'll make them again and again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream, heated to lukewarm and cooled
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons additional soft butter
- 1Heat sour cream to lukewarm and cool some.
- 2Mix yeast and 1/4 cup warm water to proof.
- 3Add to the yeast the sour cream, soft butter, sugar, salt, egg, and 1 cup flour--beat till smooth.
- 4Gradually add the other 2 cups flour--mixing well.
- 5Rise once till doubled.
- 6On a floured board roll into a 6"x24" rectangle.
- 7Brush with the second 2 tablespoons soft butter.
- 8Mix the filling together and spread over half of the rectangle.
- 9Fold over the other half of the dough--lengthwise.
- 10Cut 24 1" strips.
- 11Twist and place on a greased sheet.
- 12Let rise till doubled.
- 13Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes, but don't overbake.
- 14Remove from baking sheet and drizzle glaze over them.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Sour Cream Twists
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 133.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g