Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is a yummy coffee cake if you like a cinnamon one with a crumb topping. This bakes in a 9x13 pan or one bread pan. If you want to you may double the recipe and make two bread pans. If you do it in a bread pan, it may take a little longer to bake. The instructions are for a 9x13. I usually double it and bake it in two bread pans. One to eat and one for the freezer.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat till light and fluffy.
- Grease a 9x13 pan and spread one-half of the mixture in the bottom (see note below).
- Add half of the topping.
- Add the rest of the batter and spread carefully.
- Sprinkle the rest of the topping on top.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes----for two bread pans you will need more time---about 30-40 minutes.
- NOTE: If you do it in a bread pan, put one-third of the batter in the bottom of the pan, then one-third of the cinnamon mixture and so on until you have three layers. Yummmmy!