Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch long strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package beef kielbasa, diced into bite size pieces
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium low heat, and stir in the onion. Cook onion until tender and golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place potatoes, salt and green bell peppers into the skillet with the onion. Cover and fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in ground black pepper. Place the kielbasa pieces on top of mixture, cover and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir kielbasa into the mixture and cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Allow to sit covered for an additional 15 minutes before serving.