Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These were my grandmother Mimi's Christmas staple cookie. A cross between a shortbread and sugar cookie they are light and crispy and very addictive. Be sure to save a couple empty butter stick boxes when planning to make these.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the flour.
- Pack the dough into butter cartons (it usually takes 2). Refrigerate for several hours.
- Remove from the box and slice thinly, brush with egg white and place a slice of almond in the center. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 10 minutes.
- A couple of notes:.
- It's easiest to peel the box off the cookie dough.
- The cookies will be very light in color when they're done baking, like the color of light sand.