Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I can't believe that I haven't posted this with all the bread baking that I do. This is such a rich, soft, nice dough to work with. For excellent eating and keeping quality, keep dough as soft as possible, just so you are able to handle it. This is good for anything that calls for a sweet dough.
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup very soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 -5 1⁄2 cups flour (about)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and the teaspoon sugar; proof.
- In a large bowl mix the rest of the ingredients except for the flour.
- Add flour in two additions.
- Knead 100 times and let rise in covered bowl in a warm place 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Punch down and rise again for about 30-45 minutes.
- Turn out on floured board.
- Let rest for about 15 minutes so it is easier to handle.
- Make into whatever you are making and bake for the time alloted in recipe.