This is a basic cream scone dough that you can use to make any kind of scone. It is delicious.
Make and share this Mimi's Raspberry Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter (cut into pieces)
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup raspberries
EGG WASH FOR TOPS
- 1 large egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon cream
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- With a pastry blended cut the butter in to look like coarse crumbs.
- Gently fold the berries into the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl combine the cream, beaten egg, and vanilla; mix well.
- Add this to the flour mixture and stir till just combined; do not overmix.
- Knead dough gently on a lightly floured board being careful of the berries.
- Roll or pat into a circle that is about 7" round and about 1 1/2" thick.
- Cut the circle in half and each half into four pie-shaped wedges.
- Place on a baking sheet; brush the tops with egg wash.
- Bake in a 400-425 degree oven on the middle rack; to prevent browning on the bottom, place the cookie sheet on top of another cookie sheet; bake for about 20 minutes or till nicely browned.
- Best eaten the day they are made.