1/5 Photos of Mimi's Raspberry Scones
Mimi in Maine's Note:
This is a basic cream scone dough that you can use to make any kind of scone. It is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter (cut into pieces)
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup raspberries
EGG WASH FOR TOPS
- 1 large egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 2With a pastry blended cut the butter in to look like coarse crumbs.
- 3Gently fold the berries into the flour mixture.
- 4In a small bowl combine the cream, beaten egg, and vanilla; mix well.
- 5Add this to the flour mixture and stir till just combined; do not overmix.
- 6Knead dough gently on a lightly floured board being careful of the berries.
- 7Roll or pat into a circle that is about 7" round and about 1 1/2" thick.
- 8Cut the circle in half and each half into four pie-shaped wedges.
- 9Place on a baking sheet; brush the tops with egg wash.
- 10Bake in a 400-425 degree oven on the middle rack; to prevent browning on the bottom, place the cookie sheet on top of another cookie sheet; bake for about 20 minutes or till nicely browned.
- 11Best eaten the day they are made.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Raspberry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.3
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 228.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g