Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This was given to me by my daughter several years ago and has been an A+++++ favorite of ours. It has a hint of lemon and chocked full of raspberries. The streusel topping just makes the whole thing come together as a super, yummy muffin.
Top Review by Canadian WesternGirl
I agree with all of the other reviewers - these are excellent! I followed the recipe almost exactly, I only subbed fresh raspberries for frozen. They can out perfectly and are very yummy. Next time, I might add a tsp. of lemon extract, as I love the lemon flavour and I thought these could use a little more of it. Other than that, perfection! Thanks Mimi :).
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (not in syrup)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, oil, lemon juice, and egg whites; blend well.
- In a medium bowl combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in frozen raspberries.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened--one direction only for muffins.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake papers (or just spray the tins and use them as is).
- Spoon batter evenly into the papers.
- In a small bowl make the streusel topping using the 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 tablespoon butter,using a fork till crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter in muffins tins before baking.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan and serve warm.