This was given to me by my daughter several years ago and has been an A+++++ favorite of ours. It has a hint of lemon and chocked full of raspberries. The streusel topping just makes the whole thing come together as a super, yummy muffin.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, oil, lemon juice, and egg whites; blend well.
- In a medium bowl combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in frozen raspberries.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened--one direction only for muffins.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake papers (or just spray the tins and use them as is).
- Spoon batter evenly into the papers.
- In a small bowl make the streusel topping using the 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 tablespoon butter,using a fork till crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter in muffins tins before baking.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan and serve warm.