Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is a very tasty pumpkin pie. I love praline and this combines both. It is different in that, the praline is put on the top of the pie when it is almost done baking. You can make the following recipe or you can bake your favorite pumpkin pie and add the praline topping to your own. Either way this is a treat.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (scant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1⁄8 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
Directions See How It's Made
- PUMPKIN PIE:.
- In a large bowl put the pumpkin, sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Add beaten eggs, melted butter, and molasses.
- Add the milk, stirring well.
- Pour into a crust-lined pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and bake the pie for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 40 minutes; open oven and crumble the Praline Topping with fingers and bake for another 10 minutes.
- PRALINE TOPPING:.
- Mix the brown sugar, chopped pecans, and softened butter together till crumbly; set aside till ready to put on pie.