Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
There are many others, but this one is simplest of the "ramen oriental slaw" recipes I've found. Mimi is the name of my friend Crisler's Grandmother and it's also my Mother's nickname, so this has to be the best.
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesangel hair Coleslaw (or one medium head cabbage finely shredded)
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packets
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds on cookie sheet at 300°F until lightly browned.
- Remove ramen noodles from package, reserving seasoning packets, and crush (not too fine).
- In a large jar, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, pepper, and seasoning packets; shake well (shake several times before use) being sure that sugar dissolves.
- In a large bowl, combine slaw, onions, almonds and sesame seeds.