Recipe by Oolala
Made with 6 egg whites which is different than a lot of the other kugels posted. Mimi is the mother of one of my husband's friends from childhood. Mimi's DIL passed this recipe to me. My question is: "What do you do with 6 egg yolks after you make this"?! I haven't made it yet.
- 1 lb broad egg noodle, 1/2-inch wide
- 1 lb fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 pint fat free sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 extra large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles and drain. Stir in salt and butter until melted.
- Add cottage cheese and sour cream.
- Mix in egg whites and rest of ingredients.
- Put in a 13" X 9" sprayed (with cooking oil), baking Pyrex dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until golden brown.