Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a King Arthur Catalog. If you don't want to make your own muffaletta filling I highly recommend the "muffaletta" filling made by Karen's Food Company - it's what I always use and I always get compliments!
- 1 large round loaf Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups garlic and olive spread (see muffaletta filling note above)
- 8 ounces sliced ham
- 8 ounces sliced genoa salami
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 8 ounces sliced mortadella
- Cut loaf of bread in half so you have two large rounds.
- Lightly drizzle both sides of the loaf with olive oil.
- Spread muffaletta filling on bottom round only.
- Alternately layer remaining meats and cheese.
- Cover with top round and wrap tightly with saran wrap.
- Weigh the muffaletta down with a board and bricks or heavy cans.
- Let rest for at least an hour if not longer.
- Serve at room temperature.