Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cobblers are an easy way to get a "pretend pie". They are easy to make and soooo good. It makes a dinner end with a real treat. You can make them with the wild blueberries which have tons of flavor, or you can use the frozen ones. This may be doubled and put in a 9"x13" baking dish.
- 4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda (scant)
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk, plus 1 tablespoon
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Put into a 2 quart baking dish which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes while you make the Cobbler.
- In a small bowl combine the first five ingredients; mix well.
- Cut in the cold butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the buttermilk just till moistened.
- Drop by tablespoons onto blueberry mixture.
- Sprinkle some sugar over the top of the dough.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or till golden.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Super delicious! I served this to my guests over the 4th of July. Everyone LOVED it! I was even asked for the recipe which I had no problem doing. I used fresh lemon juice and reduced fat buttermilk. I also sprinkled over the top cinnamon sugar. I doubled the recipe and was able to get 15 servings! I also served it with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. I also liked this recipe very much because it was not overly sweet. Just perfect! Thank you so much for sharing this yummy cobbler recipe!
Love it. Made a 1/2 batch and I used cream instead of buttermilk. Very flexible recipe as I wasn't too precise with all odd 1/2 measures and it still tastes great. Thanks for sharing it.
Yummy and easy. Took me less than 20 minutes to prepare and then another 30 to bake. I sprinkled the top with cinnamon and large crystal sugar. Thank you