Cobblers are an easy way to get a "pretend pie". They are easy to make and soooo good. It makes a dinner end with a real treat. You can make them with the wild blueberries which have tons of flavor, or you can use the frozen ones. This may be doubled and put in a 9"x13" baking dish.
- 4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda (scant)
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk, plus 1 tablespoon
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Put into a 2 quart baking dish which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes while you make the Cobbler.
- In a small bowl combine the first five ingredients; mix well.
- Cut in the cold butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the buttermilk just till moistened.
- Drop by tablespoons onto blueberry mixture.
- Sprinkle some sugar over the top of the dough.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or till golden.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.