Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious meatballs with a variety of ingredients
- 1 large egg, gently beaten
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons asiago cheese
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- olive oil, for pan
- In a large bowl, gently beat one egg. Then add meat and all ingredients.
- Cover the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and heat using medium to medium-high heat.
- With your hands, blend all ingredients together. With slightly damp hands, roll about 1 tablespoon of meat mixture into golf ball-sized balls between your hands.
- Place meatballs in hot skillet and brown on all sides.
- Once all sides are browned, add to homemade sauce in a slow-cooker and cook on low for about 4-5 hours.