Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe for my little friends that I came up with using leftover dry cereal, cookies, etc. Mix these with a little something wet and the birds love it. After it is mixed, I look to see if I need more crisco/peanut butter or if I need more dry stuff and then I adjust it accordingly. Below are approximate measurements. Anyway, the birds won't care; I found that out. They love whatever I give them.
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup peanut butter (regular or chunky)
- 3 -4 cups of leftover cereal (or whatever)
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (whatever you have) or 3⁄4 cup nuts (whatever you have) or 3⁄4 cup coconut (whatever you have) or 3⁄4 cup chopped apple (whatever you have)
- In a saucepan, melt the crisco and peanut butter.
- Add the rest of the stuff; stir well.
- Let it cool some.
- When it is moldable, I put it in an onion bag and hang it.
- Any remaining can be put in the freezer for future use.